12.16.2008

Busyness

If you know me well, you know I am passive. This is a characteristic which looks like the sin of procrastination often. C.J. Mahaney is writing a series on just that--procrastination. This is a sin with which I have often fallen into and desire to more faithfully fight.

C.J. soberingly reminds me:
  • Busyness does not mean I am diligent
  • Busyness does not mean I am faithful
  • Busyness does not mean I am fruitful

Quoting a helpful article in the Journal of Biblical Counseling, he describes me too well:

  • If my task is not due anytime soon, put it off.
  • If the task is due tomorrow, cast aside all other responsibilities and focus on this one task.
  • And after accomplishing a large task, take a break and reward yourself.

May God give grace as I seek to trust Him and work hard. And press on to know Him.

No comments: