7.17.2009

Book Recommendation: Water of the Word


A week before the wedding I bought Andrew Case's Water of the Word: Intercession for Her.

I would recommend this book to any married guys who desire to pray Scriptural prayers for their wives. It has been a joy to remember my wife in intercession in this way. Case provides just over 225 scripted prayers for one's wife, all rooted in the language of Scripture (the Scripture Index in Appendix B affirms this well). And praying them aloud with Suemi present has been affirming to her of my desire to care for her spiritually.

Just as Mueller noted that Scripture prompted him to pray, Andrew Case uses Scripture to prompt me to pray and to direct these prayers. I have found the early prayers in this volume to reflex the diverse emotions of the Psalms. And I anticipate Case will spend some time in the New Testament as well (the Scripture index confirms this suspicion).

What an accessible tool to encourage the regular practice of exactly what Carson lays out in A Call to Spiritual Reformation and what Paul models to the churches in Asia Minor--all tailored to our wives!

Though I have just begun using this resource, I highly recommend it. Why not avail yourself to this husbands? Let's be men who pray for and with our wives.

1 comment:

the Philpots said...

Have you listened to his music? It's all free online - http://hismagnificence.com/ then click on the music tab. It's great!!