3.09.2009

Seeing Christ As Compensation For All These Days of Suspense

"Only pray for strength to be given to me from within and from without, that I may not only speak, but also may be willing, and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but also may be found to be one." --IGNATIUS.


"Eighty-and-six years have I served Him and He never did me any wrong ; how then can I blaspheme my King, my Saviour." --POLYCARP.


"My Lord Jesus Christ was bound with a harder chain than this for my sake ; why then should I be ashamed of this rusty one ? --JOHN HUSS.


"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man. We shall this day light such a candle, by God s grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out." --LATIMER.


"The pain will soon be over, and oh the sweetness of the welcome above! I cannot imagine the Saviour's welcome. Oh, that will compensate for all these days of suspense!" --LIZZIE ATAVATER.


"We rejoice that we are made partakers of the sufferings of Christ, that when His glory shall be revealed, we may rejoice also with exceeding joy." --W. G. PEAT.


"Many will say, Why did she go ? wasted life. Darling, No.
Trust God does His very best and never makes mistakes." --MAY NATHAN.


--from the opening page of the first chapter in Lost Letters and Further Records of Martyred Missionaries of the China Inland Mission, 26.

No comments: