10.15.2008

Saved from the Wrath of God through Christ

Last night I was struck again by these lines from the Gospel Primer:

So now God relates
to me only wiht grace--
The former wrath banished
without any trace!
And each day I'm made
a bit more as I should,
His greace using all things
to render me good.
Yes, even in trials
God's grace abounds too
And does me the good
He assigns it to do.

The text moves from propitation to sanctification to sanctification through trials--with the common theme of grace. With this view of God, I, not my circumstances, are in the greatest need of change. And God promises to change me--not my circumstances. Circumstances do change and life comes in seasons. In the midst of the seasons (which seem to move slowly when one is in the midst of them--quickly looking back), day by day God's grace is making me more like I should be.

No comments: