9.11.2008

Absortion

"We almost never think about one truth for 5 minutes."
"It is not how much we get but how much we absorb."

--Donald Whitney, from lectures for the class 'Personal Spiritual Disciplines'

Meditation is an idea I have not given much thought to. Ironic. I fail to read my Bible in such a way so as to be able to meditate on it day and night with ease. Meditation proceeds obedience. Obedience proceeds God's blessing. Though I struggle with the vague idea of God's blessing, the principle stands. Meditation on truth will lead and does proceed change in action--and feeling. For I will never feel deeply about which I never think deeply. Depth of thought and depth of emotion have a direct relation.

May God lead me into a growing desire to discipline myself toward godliness through meditation. Amen.

No comments: